Our people make us exceptional: our reputation as a high quality grower starts with hiring great team members.
Monitors crops produced to ensure the highest possible quality product is shipped on a timely basis, resulting in satisfied customers. Maintains an accurate live goods inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains accurate live goods inventory and adjustments by use of in-house software program.
Works with Growing to set product availability. Must ensure that product meets Natural Beauty’s specifications when shipped to customers.
Manages end of year live goods inventory process, including counting, data entry, verification, all while meeting deadlines. May participate in audits.
Must understand and execute cycle counting process.
Communicates between many levels of the organization to share information and solve problems.
Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by manager.
Should possess knowledge of standard inventory practices including cycle counts. Must have ability to problem solve and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Good computer, math and data entry skills required. Knowledge of standard horticultural practices is a plus. Position Hours are flexible and may include weekend and evening hours as needed.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
– High school diploma required, post high school education a plus
– To perform this job successfully an individual should have between one and three years of growing experience and/or inventory related experience. Some knowledge of sales is helpful but not required.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
- Oversee and instruct daily activities of assigned team members.
- Responsible for team meeting or exceeding productivity standards by working closely with team members to accomplish assigned work on schedule to expected volume levels, and ensure a quality product.
- Document daily activities providing accurate record keeping.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude towards work and co-workers. Demonstrates the ability to motivate team members.
- Be familiar with company product including containers, container sizes and designs.
- Provide appropriate training to new team members.
- Make frequent suggestions for improving efficiency and reducing costs.
- Ensure a clean and orderly greenhouse at all times.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by manager.
Understanding of greenhouse layout and equipment used for moving, spacing and picking of product. Ensures proper allocation of space needed for individual crops according to production schedules, environmental needs and shipping schedules.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to work in temperature extremes and high humidity in a wholesale greenhouse environment.
- Ability to repeatedly bend and lift. Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Expect some evening and weekend hours during peak seasons.
Natural Beauty Growers is seeking a Maintenance Technician for the Sioux Falls, SD greenhouse location.
- Performs preventative maintenance on machinery and equipment such as generators, seeding equipment, soil equipment, transplant conveyors, mist tanks, watering booms, shipping equipment, air compressor, pumps, injectors and boilers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Inspects and tests machinery and equipment for excessive wear or defects.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Plans installation and maintenance of pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Plans, coordinates and participates in repairs and maintenance to the physical structure of facility, including replacing poly roof covering and greenhouse structural maintenance.
Candidates should have mechanical ability, previous maintenance experience is a plus.
Natural Beauty Growers is seeking Greenhouse Growers for their Denmark, WI, Sioux Falls SD, and Boyden, IA greenhouses. Duties include watering, biological and/or chemical applications and monitoring of greenhouse crops Candidates should have experience and/or education in the general care and production of high quality crops including potted and bedding plants. We offer an opportunity for growth, and a beautiful working environment!
- Candidates should have experience and/or education in the general care and production of high quality crops including potted and bedding plants.
- Horticulture certificate or degree preferred (or related degree)
apply in person
Download Application Form
If you’d rather stop by a Natural Beauty location and drop off a paper application, print out the PDF below and bring it to the location you’re interested in.