Our people make us exceptional: our reputation as a high quality grower starts with hiring great team members.
Assists with the administrative functions of the Sales Department, coordinate, communicate and organize all retail customer programs to include seasonal maintenance, business line reviews, communication both internally and externally on ad submissions and signage.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Responsible for seasonal maintenance for each customer.
• Assisting Account Managers and Production Planning on communication of the account programs to include signage, tagging
• Staying on top of ad schedules with Operations, Replenishment and Sales Support, update the Exception report for each season with
• Administrative resource for the NBG Sales Team.
• Posting orders/sending invoices.
• Month end/year end processing.
• Daily sales uploads / working through any upload issues.
• Recording storm damage claims.
• Learn and utilize software programs available (internally and externally).
• Assist with other areas of the business as needed.
Must be proficient with MS Office suite, (especially Excel). Should have professional written and verbal communications skills, and ability to provide outstanding internal and external customer service. Weekend and evening hours required as needed. Some overnight travel necessary.
Growing or plant knowledge a plus.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Associate degree from a college or university in sales, business, horticulture, or related field of study with two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Understanding of retail accounts and horticultural products as well as product care requirements.
Ability to effectively present (verbal and written) information to store management, employees, customers, and account managers.
Ability to understand use of and effect of multiple variables within a mathematical equation.
Ability to solve practical problems and resolve conflict. Ability to anticipate reaction or response with few known benchmarks and then provide appropriate response to situation in favor of the company.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervises employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Supervises all shift employees and complies with all safety, quality, quantity, and housekeeping standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Supervises all personnel and operations on the shift. (assigns tasks, work schedules, and monitor daily tasks)
Responsible for maintaining accurate records for production replug schedules and to ensure that tasks are accomplished in a timely manner.
Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
Reports any process and equipment problems.
Verifies that discharges from the plant are within limits.
Trains, upgrades, evaluates, and reviews machine operators.
Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
Verifies correct identification, weights, and warehousing of products.
Monitor time clock for accuracy of times and codes.
Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees, safety, and housekeeping of the area and meeting production quality and quantity standards on the shift.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Previous supervisory experience. Should possess knowledge of standard inventory practices including cycle counts. Must have ability to problem solve and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Good computer, math and data entry skills required. Knowledge of standard horticultural practices is a plus.
Natural Beauty Growers is seeking Greenhouse Growers for its Denmark, WI, and Sioux Falls, SD greenhouses. Duties include watering, biological and/or chemical applications and monitoring of greenhouse crops. Candidates should have experience and/or education in the general care and production of high quality crops including potted and bedding plants. We offer an opportunity for growth, and a beautiful working environment!
- Candidates should have experience and/or education in the general care and production of high quality crops including potted and bedding plants.
- Horticulture certificate or degree preferred (or related degree)
Natural Beauty’s greenhouse locations currently have seasonal positions available in Sioux Falls, SD, Boyden IA, and Richmond, IN. Positions involve the handling of plants from Production through Shipping in a greenhouse setting. Natural Beauty offers an excellent work environment with hours available for both the day ($10.00/hr) and night ($11.00/hr) shifts. Positions generally last until early June.
Duties and Job Functions
- Work closely with Team Leaders to complete a variety of greenhouse tasks in Seeding, Production, Order Picking and Shipping
- Monitor product quality and accurately fill orders
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude towards work and co-workers
- Expect some evening and weekend hours during the peak Spring seasons
- Ability to work on your feet for 8+ hours, walking, reaching, bending and lifting
- Ability to work in temperature extremes in a greenhouse environment
Natural Beauty is looking for seasonal part-time merchandisers for spring/summer. This position will work within a local home improvement garden center to stock, display and merchandise live goods.
- This seasonal position will start in late March/April lasting approximately 8-10 weeks depending on location.
- Flexible and multiple shifts (days, nights and weekends) available.
- During peak season (April/May) working weekends will be required.
- Unloading carts of live goods to stock, display and merchandise product according to planograms while maintaining a clean well organized garden center.
- Assist customers while promoting Natural Beauty product.
- Working outdoors in various conditions (rain, snow/cold, wind and heat) will be expected.
- Prior merchandising experience in a retail environment preferred
- Plant knowledge in a personal or professional setting a plus
- Dependable and punctual
- Attention to detail with the ability to follow directions and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work as a team and independently with limited supervision
- Available to work Mother’s Day weekend and Memorial Day weekend
- Physically demanding & fast paced environment. Ability to stand for the duration of your shift while regularly lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching overhead
- Access to reliable transportation
- Basic computer knowledge a must
apply in person
Download Application Form
If you’d rather stop by a Natural Beauty location and drop off a paper application, print out the PDF below and bring it to the location you’re interested in.