Our people make us exceptional: our reputation as a high quality grower starts with hiring great team members.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Supervises employees in a manufacturing and assembly environment: plans and assigns work, implements policies and procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
Supervises all shift employees and complies with all safety, quality, quantity, and housekeeping standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Supervises all personnel and operations on the shift. (assigns tasks, work schedules, and monitor daily tasks)
Responsible for maintaining accurate records for production replug schedules and to ensure that tasks are accomplished in a timely manner.
Maintains thorough knowledge of all processes and equipment.
Reports any process and equipment problems.
Verifies that discharges from the plant are within limits.
Trains, upgrades, evaluates, and reviews machine operators.
Ensures that established policies, rules and regulations, and procedures are followed.
Verifies correct identification, weights, and warehousing of products.
Monitor time clock for accuracy of times and codes.
Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees, safety, and housekeeping of the area and meeting production quality and quantity standards on the shift.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Previous supervisory experience. Should possess knowledge of standard inventory practices including cycle counts. Must have ability to problem solve and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization. Good computer, math and data entry skills required. Knowledge of standard horticultural practices is a plus.
Monitor the flow of materials, components, and paperwork between departments to conform with production schedules. Confer with supervisors to eliminate difficulties and delays. Update systems and provide reports to all related areas as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Knowledge of the production process and reports.
– Create daily and weekly production schedules.
– Interpret data and make recommendations about where improvements could be made.
– Initiate action to remedy situations within scope of authority.
– Prepare reports indicating statistics of on-time performance.
– Must be highly skilled in Excel including predefined functions, creating charts, pivot tables, macros, etc.
– Professional written and verbal communications skills.
– Ability to provide outstanding internal customer service.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
– High school diploma required, post high school education a plus
– Two years of experience in a production environment and general knowledge of the production scheduling process.
This position is primarily in an office environment, but at times may require working outdoors and in greenhouse areas. Expect occasional evening and weekend work to be necessary at times and as part of this position, along with overtime during busy seasons.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
- Oversee and instruct daily activities of assigned team members.
- Responsible for team meeting or exceeding productivity standards by working closely with team members to accomplish assigned work on schedule to expected volume levels, and ensure a quality product.
- Document daily activities providing accurate record keeping.
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude towards work and co-workers. Demonstrates the ability to motivate team members.
- Be familiar with company product including containers, container sizes and designs.
- Provide appropriate training to new team members.
- Make frequent suggestions for improving efficiency and reducing costs.
- Ensure a clean and orderly greenhouse at all times.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by manager.
Understanding of greenhouse layout and equipment used for moving, spacing and picking of product. Ensures proper allocation of space needed for individual crops according to production schedules, environmental needs and shipping schedules.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to work in temperature extremes and high humidity in a wholesale greenhouse environment.
- Ability to repeatedly bend and lift. Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Expect some evening and weekend hours during peak seasons.
Natural Beauty Growers is seeking Greenhouse Growers for its Denmark, WI, and Sioux Falls, SD greenhouses. Duties include watering, biological and/or chemical applications and monitoring of greenhouse crops. Candidates should have experience and/or education in the general care and production of high quality crops including potted and bedding plants. We offer an opportunity for growth, and a beautiful working environment!
- Candidates should have experience and/or education in the general care and production of high quality crops including potted and bedding plants.
- Horticulture certificate or degree preferred (or related degree)
Natural Beauty’s greenhouse locations currently have seasonal positions available in Sioux Falls, SD, Boyden IA, and Richmond, IN. Positions involve the handling of plants from Production through Shipping in a greenhouse setting. Natural Beauty offers an excellent work environment with hours available for both the day ($10.00/hr) and night ($11.00/hr) shifts. Positions generally last until early June.
Duties and Job Functions
- Work closely with Team Leaders to complete a variety of greenhouse tasks in Seeding, Production, Order Picking and Shipping
- Monitor product quality and accurately fill orders
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude towards work and co-workers
- Expect some evening and weekend hours during the peak Spring seasons
- Ability to work on your feet for 8+ hours, walking, reaching, bending and lifting
- Ability to work in temperature extremes in a greenhouse environment
Natural Beauty is looking for seasonal part-time merchandisers for spring/summer. This position will work within a local home improvement garden center to stock, display and merchandise live goods.
- This seasonal position will start in late March/April lasting approximately 8-10 weeks depending on location.
- Flexible and multiple shifts (days, nights and weekends) available.
- During peak season (April/May) working weekends will be required.
- Unloading carts of live goods to stock, display and merchandise product according to planograms while maintaining a clean well organized garden center.
- Assist customers while promoting Natural Beauty product.
- Working outdoors in various conditions (rain, snow/cold, wind and heat) will be expected.
- Prior merchandising experience in a retail environment preferred
- Plant knowledge in a personal or professional setting a plus
- Dependable and punctual
- Attention to detail with the ability to follow directions and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work as a team and independently with limited supervision
- Available to work Mother’s Day weekend and Memorial Day weekend
- Physically demanding & fast paced environment. Ability to stand for the duration of your shift while regularly lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling and reaching overhead
- Access to reliable transportation
- Basic computer knowledge a must
apply in person
Download Application Form
If you’d rather stop by a Natural Beauty location and drop off a paper application, print out the PDF below and bring it to the location you’re interested in.